Thursday, May 14, 2009
RACKS Italian Bistro
RACKS Italian Bistro opened in North Miami last week.
- Great waterfront patio seating in an otherwise ho-hum strip mall (Old Navy and Winn-Dixie are neighbors).
- Being able to grab a pizza and a beer at a cool-ish place before a movie at the Sunrise Intracoastal Theater (better than schlepping through the madness that is Aventura's Regal cinemas).
- Good coal-fired pizza like the eggplant ($14) below, made with a super-smoky mozzarella and tangy tomato sauce.
- There's a small market in front where you can buy Italian products.
- It's in a strip mall.
- The burrata could have been better.
- The gnocchi in San Marzano sauce was too heavy.
- Has an Italian Houston's vibe (which probably means it'll be a hit).