Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Garden of Words


It's a busy, busy week here at APD central. We're off to Little Rock tomorrow for their film festival (Foreign Devils is screening there twice - all my Arkansas peeps, come out to support!). After I wrote this piece I decided I should get out more. So I've got a Hot List to write and then I'm getting treated to complimentary undergarments at this new store. Hey, no one said journalists shouldn't have proper back support, right? So amuse yourself by perusing First Looks of Red Light and Blu Pizza, a neighborhood profile of Middle River in HOME Ft. Lauderdale, an interview with chef Philippe Chow in this month's Modern Luxury (p.134), a profile of clothing- designer-with-a-cause Somy Ali, and a Q & A with designer Jefre Figueras Manuel, a wonderfully creative person who composes "couture landscapes." This past December he created the fantastic outdoor garden at CASA DECOR. I hope to see more of his living gardens in Miami soon.

No comments: