This year Art Basel gets a jolt of energy from the food world with a fanstastic event organized by Gabriele Marewski from Paradise Farms. The list of participating chefs is a basically every great toque in Miami. See the press release below:
Miami’s most visionary artists of deliciousness are creating their masterpieces on the canvas of cuisine. Carving, cutting and building edible art forms as taste takes shape during Art Basel at the Ritz-Carlton, CASADECOR and Karu & Y. This new Art Apètit event, inspired and organized by local Paradise Farms organic farmer Gabriele Marewski, is a new realm of beauty and flavor.
Art Apètit is open to the public and debuts December 6 from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Ritz-Carlton, South Beach and is concurrent with Masters Mystery Art Show. Nibble on sumptuous passed hors d’oeuvres created by DiLido Beach Club’s Chef De Cuisine Jeff McInnis as he and four chefs build their culinary masterpieces, some of which stand six feet tall and are almost entirely edible. Art Apètit’s other locales during Art Basel will be the innovative space of CASADECOR with Soli Organic serving ice cream cocktails and Karu & Y: the sanctuary of art, cuisine and entertainment with Chef Alberto Cabrera’s cutting-edge cuisine.
Art Apètit is open to the public December 6-9:
December 6: Debut event, 6:30-9 p.m. The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
December 8: 7-9 p.m. CASADECOR, 1444 Biscayne Blvd.
December 9: 7-9 p.m. Karu Restaurant & Y, 71 NW 14th St.
Participating chefs include:
- Chef Jeff Mcinnis/ The DiLido Beach Club at The Ritz- Carlton, South Beach
- Chef Bernardo Espinel/ Americana/Ritz-Carlton South Beach
- Chef Oscar Vides/ Ritz-Carlton South Beach
- Chef Tim Andriola/ Timo Restaurant & Bar
- Chef Alex Asteinza/ Canyon Ranch
- Chef Sean Bernal/ Oceanaire Seafood Room
- Chef Sandee Birdsong/ Top Chef
- Chef Giancarla Bodoni/ Escopazzo
- Chef Alberto Cabrera/ Karu Restaurant & Y
- Chef Clay Conley/ Azul
- Chef Michael Jacobs/ Grass Restaurant & Lounge
- Chefs Larry LaValley & Juan Villaperedes/Mark’s South Beach
- Chef Gordon Mabury & team/ Loews Hotel - Miami Beach
- Chef Michael Schwartz/ Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink
- Chefs Christopher Siragusa & Christian Urbani/ Personal Chefs Paradise Farms
- Chef Allen Susser/ Chef Allen’s
- Chef Michael Verno/ Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Chef Kira Volz/ Creek 28
- Chef Mark Zeitouni/ The Standard’s Lido Restaurant
Contact Gabriele Marewski at 305-248-4181. For updates check website at www.paradisefarms.net.