Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spamalot Still in Town, Sort of

I'm a huge Monty Python fan and I was planning on catching Spamalot at the Arsht Center this weekend but was too busy for the thee-ah-tah. Well, I see now that the show is still in town, albeit up in Palm Beach. Performances are at the Kravis Center and tickets are here. The musical is based on Monty Python veteran Eric Idle’s book and lyrics. The show won three TONY awards for its run in New York. Chock full of references to the Python canon, the show oozes irreverent British wit and mad-cap antics and also appeals to Broadway regulars with its spot-on satire of popular shows.

2 comments:

LAX2MIA said...

Make the trip! My girlfriend got tix for my b-day in October and we'd totally forgotten about it. The date finally came up in March and we were both so busy at work we were thinking of bailing. Ended up making time and it was hilarious! Totally mindless and campy. Made us forget about work and stress for a couple of hours.

sara said...

Oh that sounds awesome! I'm kicking myself for not going when it was here. It's just that Palm Beach is such a shlep. On a another note, Avenue Q is coming soon!