Thursday, February 16, 2006

There's Still Hope for Iran

I really believe this. Even though everyday there are news reports about how crazy the new president is and how dangerous it is to be a Jew in that country or any country nearby, I really truly believe with all my heart that Iran will one day be a sane place to live and visit. A place where I can visit.

I believe this because 70% of the population of Iran is under the age of 30. They want their MTV, their internet, their i-pods, and freedom. They will make themselves heard. They are already trying to in underground blogs.

Peruse Hoder's blog, an Iranian who was kicked out of the country for his journalistic pursuits and who recently visited Israel. His photoblog I found particularly addictive, very poetic pics. Perhaps one day I'll take my own.

No comments: