Friday, February 24, 2006

Foam is SO five minutes ago


This weekend the South Beach Wine and Food Festival pours into Miami for a decadent three days of super-star chefs, overpriced tastings, and general culinary chaos. If you're in the mood to brave the Emeril and Rachel Ray adoring crowds, I suggest heading over the to the Wolfsonian Museum for a screening of "Decoding Ferran Adria," a look at the innovative Spanish chef and his many experimental ways of turning everyday comestibles into foam, mists, and crystallized versions of their former selves. I never knew a canister of CO2 gas was a culinary necessity. Can I get one of those at Williams Sonoma? And I thought I was hot stuff using a "soup dildo," as my friend Mitch calls it.

1 comment:

Tali said...

You are hot stuff, baby, you are!