Saturday, March 22, 2008

New Miami Bloggers

A couple of new Miami blogs have crossed my Internets radar and I'd like to share them with you, loyal readers.

NYC transplant Daniel Murphy relocates to South Beach with his puppy (named Puppy) and girlfriend Brooke. His blog [redacted] has quite a following in New York and it's easy to see why. It's great observational humor. And I'm glad to have him down here observing life from a New Yorker's perspective. Here he tells of his first encounter with Cuban coffee:
Flash forward to 3:00. Brooke and I come to after a nap by the pool. I sit up and groggily rub my eyes, not quite sure where I am. There are two overturned Styrofoam coffee cups between my and Brooke. I stumble into the hotel room, and what I see is the remnants of a war. I can’t quite remember what happened over the past few hours, but if this scene is any indication, then at least three of the following incidents occurred: a pillow fight, a fashion show, gymnastics, a game of kickball, some sort of brawl, and a large chicken feast.
Nice. I've totally been there.
Lizza at the (covert) overt has got helpful reviews of restaurants, stores and other good stuff. And The Chowfather focuses mainly on food, wine and dining.
Looking forward to keeping up with all these quality new blogs. Thanks for giving me more reasons to procrastinate doing work, people!

3 comments:

Liz Traks said...

thank you for the wonderful shout-out. it's sweet that you're giving us newbies a hand.

The Chowfather said...

Agree and thank you. I'm new at this and still working out some of the kinks...

sara said...

Glad to have you on the scene. Welcome to the blogosphere!